Sunday 10 June 2007

A Father's Prayer 一位父亲的祝福

To: CSC & DSC,

I was inspired by Hodding Carter’s quote, "There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings."

我被 Hodding Carter 的名言所激励,我们只能给我们的孩子两种有持久性的遗产. 一个是根,另一个是翅膀。

Appreciate your roots - get well grounded, take off and fly ..
My dear child, fly with the gifts you're given so that the world would become a better one because of you ..
Let your love and passion be manifested into actions ..
Let your warmth melt away the misery of this world ..
Let the world light up with your laughter and joy ..
And of course, if I may ask, share with me your adventure and joy (and pain) ..
For I'll feel that I've done my part as your dad if I know that my child is happy and contributing to the best he can ..

[Posted Jan 26th, 2008]


请看下面我数年前给我两个儿子写的 "一位父亲的祝福" (也是我向你祝福).


好好地欣赏你的根源 - 打好基础然後升空飞翔。 
我亲爱的孩子,用你天赋的才能翱翔吧,使世界会因为多了你而变的更加美好。
让你的爱和激情化作行动。
让你的温暖融化掉世界的痛苦。
让你的笑声和欢乐使世界变得更加灿烂。
当然,我还希望,你会与我分享你的经历, 快乐 (和痛苦)
如果我知道我的孩子是快乐的,并且他已经尽力贡献, 我将会觉得我己完成了我作为父亲的职责。
  
[Translation added, July 28th, 2014] 
... Please provide your comment to benefit those who come after you. Click the "comments/post a comment" button. Note: you need to have a Google ID.

1 comment:

  1. Your children are very lucky to have you as a father. They have a very beautiful human being as a role model.
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    D

    ReplyDelete